Re: Is there a way of setting a variable only when it exists?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Is there a way of setting a variable only when it exists?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 12:28:25 +0300

* tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> [2022-03-15 11:38]:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 11:13:19AM +0300, Jean Louis wrote:
> > * tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> [2022-03-15 10:50]:
> > >
> > > You can, of course, make up your own terminology. But this might make
> > > communication wit others... interesting :)
> >
> > No, it was misunderstanding on my side. Now it is clear.
>
> Understood. Perhaps that was a lame attempt at humour on my part.

I totally understand it, people introducing their own understanding of
definitions will have troubles communicating with others, it causes
conflicts.

First we have to agree on what is the accepted definition. There is
nothing wrong in changing such definitions, though it goes gradually
again with agreements among people.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns