Re: [External] : Re: how to force auto-save of buffers not visiting file

From: hw
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: how to force auto-save of buffers not visiting files, right now?
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 03:33:15 +0100

On Fri, 2022-03-18 at 14:45 +0000, Drew Adams wrote:
> > > Emacs thinks that ...
> >
> > Thanks!  I didn't know that emacs can even think, though :)
>
> Not to worry.  Emacs knows that _we_ can think, and even counts on it!

In this case, it's kinda true because the adjusted version doesn't work
because the argument is required, so:

(defun my-perltidy-replace (arg)
  "This function replaces the contents of the current buffer with
the output of perltidy, and makes a backup of the current buffer.

Before and after modifications to contents of buffers are being
made, all buffers that need to be auto-saved are being
auto-saved.

The major-mode of the buffer containing the backup is set to
'cperl-mode'.

The argument ARG is unused."
[..]