Re: Spaces rather than tabs by a major mode hook

From: goncholden
Subject: Re: Spaces rather than tabs by a major mode hook
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 08:29:56 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Sunday, June 12th, 2022 at 7:29 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Po Lu luangruo@yahoo.com
> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii eliz@gnu.org, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> > Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:13:05 +0800
> >
> > Or here's a better idea, if you don't want any of the features provided
> > by Fortran mode: use fundamental-mode instead.
>

> That still has electric-indent-mode turned on by default, though.
>
> Using Emacs makes no sense at all if one doesn't want automatic
> (re)indentation. Why use such a powerful editor if all you want is to
> disable each and every feature which makes its powerful?

You never seem to get my point.  Whatever solution I am given fails because
what produces the problem is turned on by default.

Please stop insisting about it.  Is what annoys me the most.  Because my focus
is to get the job done and do what is needed.  I should be able to use it as I
wish ok.  But it seems you are turning such basic principle upside down.