Re: Emacs help from terminal

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs help from terminal
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 00:47:00 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> It just works. User comes back to terminal shell, and may
> revivew Emacs with
>
> $ fg

That doesn't work here,

  no job control in this shell

We had a very long discussion about this, it must have been
under a very bad period for me because I don't remember
anything except it was very long, anyway to prevent Emacs from
suspending by mistake which can happen because of the
keystrokes location (and after that 'fg' will give you the
above message and nothing will bring it/you back), put this in
an initialization file near you:

  (put #'suspend-frame 'disabled t)

Case closed.

--