Re: Stop Gnus word-wrapping (plain text) messages

From: Sergey Organov
Subject: Re: Stop Gnus word-wrapping (plain text) messages
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 23:20:21 +0300

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> <sorganov@gmail.com> said:
>
>     Sergey> Hello,
>     Sergey> When I display a (plain text) message in Gnus by hitting
>     Sergey> <ENTER> at the
>     Sergey> message in the Summary buffer, the display of the message
>     Sergey> content ends
>     Sergey> up being word-wrapped at some (apparently fixed) column.
>
>     Sergey> When I display the same message raw, by pressing <C-u g>
>     Sergey> in the Summary
>     Sergey> buffer, long lines are just truncated, exactly as dictated
>     Sergey> by my generic
>     Sergey> settings.
>
>     Sergey> I want to disable this word-wrap (apparently performed by
>     Sergey> Gnus), but
>     Sergey> can't figure how to achieve this. Please help!
>
> M-x customize-variable gnus-article-truncate-lines

Thanks for the hint, but this is not it. It does have effect though,
exactly according to its documentation, see below.

> Normally that follows the value of `truncate-lines', though.

Does not seem to be the case, at least in my version of Gnus, according
to its doc-line: " Value of ‘truncate-lines’ in Gnus Article buffer".

What I observe though is word wrap in Gnus Article buffers, as opposed to
truncation/continuation. Still can't figure what does it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-- Sergey Organov