Re: Emacs freezes again when I try to open a file including only one ver

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs freezes again when I try to open a file including only one very long line.
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 19:03:53 +0300

> From: Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:30:47 +0800
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>
> OK. Let me take a concrete result as an example. If I search
> `|isgroup|', then VSCode will give the only result immediately as
> shown in the attached file. Now, how can I achieve this in Emacs?

Maybe you can't, it depends on how deep into the file that match is
and how fast is your system (if it's very fast, try enlarging the
value of max-redisplay-ticks).

But you are asking questions that are not relevant to what this
feature does.  This feature prevents Emacs from freezing when you
visit such files.  That is all it does.  As I tried explaining several
times already.