Re: Advice for changing-theme-function for GNU/Linux system

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Advice for changing-theme-function for GNU/Linux system
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:28:22 +0700

On Mon, 18 Jul 2022 at 16:13, Jonas Damm <emails@jonas-damm.de> wrote:

> However my GTK applications like Evince do not change their theme. Not
> even by restarting them.
>
> I am running the xfsettingsd with the --sm-client-disable option and
> then change the theme with this command:
>
> xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Net/ThemeName -s "Adwaita-dark"
>
> Any Idea why that is?

I don’t know, does changing the theme interactively through
xfce4-appearance-settings work for you?

Hm. For me, choosing the theme in xfce4-appearance-settings works for
Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice, and Evince, while going through
xfconf-query only affects the former three. Both work for Atril
though. (Atril is to Xfce as Evince is to GNOME.)

(We might have crossed into offtopic territory.)