Re: Lucid menu faces

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: Lucid menu faces
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 15:23:02 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

[...]

> Isn't it true that the appearance of toolkit menus can be fully
> controlled only through X resources?

Yes of course and so far this is what I'm doing.

> Toolkits are not part of Emacs, so they don't abide by our Lisp
> trickery.  We are all spoiled rotten by Emacs letting us control
> everything via Lisp objects and properties, but the truth is that it
> only works because Emacs has code to make it work.

Ok.  I was just wondering as it partially work for the background of the
menu face.

As for my personal use case, I'd like to have that because I'm a exwm
user on a laptop (i.e. I do go from laptop screen to external ones back
and forth and so use differents resolutions).  So being able to modify
the menu aspect *without* restarting Emacs would be an improvement… but
it is not of life-and-death importance either.
--
Manuel Giraud