Re: Trouble getting the daemon thread online.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Trouble getting the daemon thread online.
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 07:03:47 +0300

* Davin Pearson <davin.pearson@gmail.com> [2022-08-07 04:37]:
> I have written the following batch file: runmacs.bat
>
> cd ~ && emacs --geometry 1024x768 --debug-init $1 &
>
> and placed it in the directory ~/Binaries
>
> Then executing the command runmacs.bat starts emacs every time
> (but not in daemon mode which is my personal preference)

I have following setup in a script, and I start script by clicking
with mouse on an icon. If server has started, it runs emacsclient,
otherwise it starts server, waits 10 seconds and open emacsclient.

#!/bin/bash
export EMACS_SOCKET_NAME="/run/user/1001/emacs/server"
if pgrep -f "emacs --bg-daemon" > /dev/null
then
    espeak "Starting Emacs client"
    emacsclient -c
else