Re: [OFFTOPIC] Academic workflow with old PDFs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Academic workflow with old PDFs
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 01:34:26 +0200

>>> Guys, no one uses the word "academia" any more.
>>
>> In academia, we do.
>
> Examples?

  I reckon this message may start a flame but that's not my
  intention, I'm looking to hear your advice (especially, but
  not limited, if you work in/with academia)

I meant a _good_ example ... and list isn't "academia",
wherever that's suppose to be.

This - "if you work in/with academia" - should be "if you are
a researcher/scientist" if the OP is from the
technology/engineering/science world.

In "academia" there are "intellectual's" and "scholars" (AAAAH!
it gets worse!)

Stefan, you gonna be a Shakespearian scholar now? LOL Actually
I can't even envision you as one, and I mean that as
a compliment, of course ...

[Or a Civil War buff? Bonus fact/question: have more books
 been written on the American Civil War than on WW2? On the
 American civil war, "[t]here are over 60 000 books"
 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibliography_of_the_American_Civil_War>
 so ... how many on WW2? Ask the academics at the History
 Department - but don't assume they can count or maintain
 a Bibtex file...]

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal