Re: Rapid writing for tex and latex documents

From: Alessandro Bertulli
Subject: Re: Rapid writing for tex and latex documents
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:59:15 +0200

wilnerthomas--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> I want to rapidly write greek characters and symbols when writing tex and
> latex documents,
> in ways similar to texmacs.  What can I do?
>
> In texmacs there are the following keyboard shortcuts
>
> "F6"  Bold
> "TAB"  Greek Letters
> "@*" Symbols (here circle with cross inside)

Let me understand: are you a Greek-speaker, and you want to input Greek
text? Then you should look for input methods.
If, on the other hand, you need to insert some Greek symbols in math
only, then there are shortcut provided by the major modes. For example,
in AUCTeX, you have LaTeX mode math, where you have keybindings that
insert Greek character controls (such as \alpha, \beta ecc). Another
popular way is to use CDLaTeX mode, where you press '`', and have access
to a big number of commands (for instance, `a inserts \alpha, `. inserts
\cdot).

Does this answer you?

Alessandro