Re: Question about customising faces

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Question about customising faces
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 19:15:59 +0000

Actually, nil is not valid as a color, but people still use it.

See the discussion of bug#54156.

I remember that discussion indeed. So according to what you said there Joost should use

(set-face-attribute 'isearch nil :background 'unspecified :foreground "#d33682")
(set-face-attribute 'isearch t :background 'unspecified :foreground "#d33682")

What I don't understand is why the second call to set-face-attribute is needed: here at least, the first call also affects future frames.