Re: Frame shifted upwards upon changing font size

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Frame shifted upwards upon changing font size
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:29:00 +0300

> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 04:27:17 +0000
> From: uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me>
>

> I have a setup that opens emacs at the centre of the screen.
>
> But then I want to have a specific font size and call
>
> (set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 160 :weight 'bold)
>
> This puts the menu-bar outside the screen.  What can I do to keep the window
> at the
> center of the screen?

I'd try changing default-frame-alist instead of using
set-face-attribute.  Maybe it will work better.

If that doesn't work, change the order between face customizations and
setting up the frame coordinates (assuming you do the latter from the
init file).

In general, what you want is somewhat tricky: Emacs cannot call GUI
functions until it has at least one GUI frame, so at best you might
see the frame momentarily displayed at the wrong place/with wrong font
size before it settles.