Re: Emacs uses "global" compiler instead of embedded

From: Bartosz Bubak
Subject: Re: Emacs uses "global" compiler instead of embedded
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 18:12:53 +0200

Hi,
> I don't know: the description he gave suggests that the Emacs package he
> installed included a GCC ("embedded"), in which case that package should
> make sure that Emacs uses this bundled GCC rather than any other GCC
> that may be found on the system.

> But maybe I simply misunderstood what he meant by:

Yes, you understood me well.

> M-: (executable-find "gcc") RET
"c:/ProgramData/chocolatey/bin/gcc.exe
> M-: (executable-find "as") RET
"c:/ProgramData/chocolatey/bin/as.exe"

This is problem, it should be:
C:\Program Files\Emacs\emacs-28.2\bin\gcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Emacs\emacs-28.2\bin\as.exe

On the other hand, I don't want all the rest of the tools in the system to
use this installation, so changing global PATH is pointless.

That's what I'm explaining from the beginning, I have only one MinGW
instance, in chocolatey.
The second is installed and configured automatically by the emacs installer
and that is what emacs should use.
Not my "main" in the system.
In my opinion, the problem is that emacs does not consider local folders
when it looks for the compiler.
Should look in:
1) Local directories,
if not found
2) Global system configuration
And it does the opposite, only when gcc is missing in global configuration
it uses local.

P.S. By mistake I sent the previous response only to Eli instead to group :(