Re: Disabling automatic reindentation of the current line after a newlin

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Disabling automatic reindentation of the current line after a newline
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 23:12:19 +0200

Jean Abou Samra wrote:

> In summary, while the major mode tries to do its best,
> sometimes it has a glitch or doesn't exactly do what I want,

Those are or can be two different things, if they are glitches
they can and should be corrected, if you OTOH disagree with
how they work and can't convince the maintainer of the mode
you're right you can either do it manually _or_ change the
mode yourself, however if you do (change it) and the
maintainer is willing perhaps that or those changes can still
be integrated in the mode, and an option will enable it/them
while still doing everything else the old way ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal