Re: GNUS: how to see all recent messages?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: GNUS: how to see all recent messages?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 13:50:51 +0000

On Thursday,  3 Nov 2022 at 11:36, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Enter the group as you normally would and do
> `gnus-summary-insert-old-articles'.

And you will find, or at least I do, that the old articles inserted are
not necessarily the most recent.  It depends on what groups make up the
virtual group.  I know there was a discussion about this behaviour some
months ago now on the gnus list.

To get what the OP wanted, gnus would need to request a suitable number
from each group in the virtual group, collate them, sort them, and then
return the N desired.  It doesn't do that, AFAICT.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-11-01) on Debian 11.4