Repeating timers and suspending the computer

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Repeating timers and suspending the computer
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 06:20:22 +0100

Hi all,

assume that I said

(run-with-timer 0 1
                (lambda () (message "%s" (format-time-string "%H:%M:%S.%3N"))))

and put my laptop in the "sleep mode" for 20 seconds.  How many time
messages should I get?  Assume `timer-max-repeats' is 10 (which seems to
be the default).

When I did the experiment, it seemed that the timer'd function was run
/twice/ after waking up, which looks really strange -- why two times?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl