Re: [External] : Re: `cl-macs' [was: about keysee]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: `cl-macs' [was: about keysee]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 10:56:22 -0500

> It's not just about changes within the `cl-lib' circus.
> Some of my libraries are compatible back to earlier
> releases that predate `cl-lib' (added in Emacs 23).

`cl-lib` was added in Emacs-24.3.
But the one in GNU ELPA works at least since Emacs-20 (I remember
changing its code to make it work there (e.g. the (fboundp 'defvaralias)
test), it might also work in Emacs-19 and if not it wouldn't be too hard
to make it work there I think).

> And `cl-macs' does still contain the macros.

Same holds for most of the macros it defines (because they changed name
at that point).

        Stefan