Re: PSGML broken?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: PSGML broken?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 02:13:28 +0100

Ulrich Deiters wrote:

> Emacs 27.2 is what comes with my Linux distribution. I know
> that 27.2 is not the latest version, but it is dangerous to
> force an upgrade with software that has so
> many dependencies.

Highly recommended is to install it from source, after some
initial mucking around with commands (not a bad thing, as it
increases understanding) it'll be as easy or easier than with
the distro's package manager - also more flexible with
a higher degree of fine-tune possible.

Maybe your problem is already solved, there?

Here are a bunch of commands and functions:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/install-emacs

You may think that not a lot has happened - but that's
incorrect, it has - and that you will get there eventually
anyway - but that is like relying on time to heal all wounds.
While true, it doesn't happen quickly enough; and time is, as
well all know, finite.

Just try - and you will fly (quote barrel racer)

And you can still have the repos' version intact.

Actually, it is not "dangerous" at all, it is completely
safe :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal