Re: Cannot start Emacs from Finder on macOS Ventura

From: Eric Swenson
Subject: Re: Cannot start Emacs from Finder on macOS Ventura
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 22:54:39 +0000

I'm using the emacs-nightly cask.  The result is an Emacs.app package in
/Applications. Clicking on "Emacs.app" does nothing.  I tried making an alias
in /Applications to the Emacs.app/MacOS/Emacs file, but clicking on the alias
brings up a Terminal window, which invokes the emacs GUI.  I don't want that
terminal window, just the GUI. This used to work perfectly find with the Emacs
cask from homebrew.

-- Eric (KC6EJS)

On 1/10/23, 10:45 PM, "John Covici" <covici@ccs.covici.com