RE: [External] : Re: How to make M-x TAB not work on (interactive) decla

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: How to make M-x TAB not work on (interactive) declaration?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 17:27:08 +0000

> > > Arguably, "zero or more" might be clearer here [...]
>
> > 1. I said "More precisely: zero or more" in my
> >    second reply to this thread:
>
> I was mulling over the manual's text, not over yours.
>
> >      Not to belabor this... but perhaps you're
> >      missing understanding _zero as a number_, in
> >      "number of arguments".  More precisely: zero
> >      or more args.
>
> I don't know who "you" is in this context: if you
> meant "me"

As I said, I quoted from my second reply in the thread,
which was to Jean Louis.  The "you" refer to is in that
quoted reply to him.  "You" meant Jean, there.

And the context was "number of arguments".  And as I
pointed out, Elisp has nullary functions: functions
that take zero arguments.  "Any number of arguments"
_means_, for Elisp, "zero or more args" -- "number"
here _must_ include the number zero.  Nothing more.