Re: Lookarounds and recursion in Emacs regexes

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Lookarounds and recursion in Emacs regexes
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 01:45:15 +0300

* Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> [2023-02-07 15:41]:

> >> Lisp is a family of languages, if we talk Elisp then Elisp
> >> is faster for anything Emacs related obviously, if we talk
> >> everything else then Python is faster.
> >
> > Faster for development?
>
> Yes, a less skilled Python programmer can do a more advanced
> application in less time ...

OK, if you are the one less skilled Python programmer, could you help
me, I need something:

- do you know tabulated list mode?

- it provides ID of the line, so in Emacs I can specify key binding to
  execute function on the ID of the line

- tabulated list mode is similar to spreadsheet

- to start with it, I needed minutes, something like some coffee break
  period, the rest is history

- I have tried searching for GUI spreadsheet like widget in various
  programming languages, and I found it very complex.

Please show me how is that to be implemented in Python? If I get that
I would maybe like to liberate the Emacs version to some other GUI.

I give you example of usage:

- list all contacts as people names, with their people list
- click on single contact, get all phone numbers, emails, etc.
- click on single phone, send SMS
- mark phone, e-mail, XMPP username, write message once, send to all
- search people by skill, mark, send email to all of them at once

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman