Re: MELPA SLIME 53 warnings

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: MELPA SLIME 53 warnings
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:42:07 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

>> What's the deal with this?
>>
>> Bad attitude not to have them removed ...
>
> And why not report to Slime maintainer if it belongs
> to Slime?

Hopefully they read gnu.emacs.help ...

Anyway I failed to install SLIME both from nonGNU and from
MELPA. The problem seems to be a mismatch with Swank. With the
nonGNU version I got some cryptic error (I can't find it right
now, wrong number of arguments to something seeming unrelated,
googling it gave me hits but none for SLIME).

You can also install both slime and cl-swank from the Debian
repositories, I think that worked the last time. It should be
more outdated software but if it runs, well what do you say,
it's a huge plus :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal