Re: pandoc-mode /Asciidoc

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: pandoc-mode /Asciidoc
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 11:53:02 +0100

On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 10:31:47 +0000 Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes you were right
>
>> This error means emacs cannot find the "add-to-path" function.  Maybe
>> you want "add-to-list"?
>
> Now I get an other error message and I don’t know why.
>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-missing "Cannot open load file" "Datei
>> oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden" "asciidoc.el")
>>   load("asciidoc.el")
>>   load-with-code-conversion("/home/gfp/.config/emacs/init.el"
>> "/home/gfp/.config/emacs/init.el" t t)
>>   load("/home/gfp/.config/emacs/init" noerror nomessage)
>>   startup--load-user-init-file(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode
>> 0x1bd9a952b2a41bee>) #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x4d12c0e0e44348b>)
>> t)
>>   command-line()
>>   normal-top-level()
>
> I put the file: "asciidoc.el" in my direcory:
>
> /home/gfp/.config/emacs/Zusatzpakete/selbstinstalliert/Asciidoc/
>

> and in my init.el file it looks like this:
>

> (load "asciidoc.el")
>   (add-to-list 'load-path
>   "/home/gfp/.config/emacs/Zusatzpakete/selbstinstalliert/Asciidoc/")
>
> So, where is my mistake?
> Why emacs can’t find my file?

Lisp expresssions in a buffer are evaluated sequentially, and load-path
has to include the directory before you try to load a file in in it, so
the order must be this:

(add-to-list 'load-path
             "/home/gfp/.config/emacs/Zusatzpakete/selbstinstalliert/Asciidoc/")
(load "asciidoc.el")

> Second question
> If there is already an error showing up in the backtrace buffer
> can I test an other expression in the scratch buffer with hitting C-j?

That should be possible.

> It seems to me that the first backtrace blocks everything
> and I have to get right this one.

The backtrace shouldn't block executing unrelated code.

> How can I get rid of the first backtrace to check other expressions?

Type `q' in the backtrace buffer.

Steve Berman