Re: pandoc-mode

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: pandoc-mode
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 14:13:43 +0000

Hi,

interestingly when I now turn on pandoc-mode there is no error-message.

I don’t know why, but it is like this.

I have not used it yet, I just installed it, in case I will use it.

Thanks for help.

Kind regards

Gottfried

Am 14.02.23 um 20:52 schrieb Joost Kremers:
On Tue, Feb 14 2023, Bruno Barbier wrote:
Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:
I loaded the pandoc-mode:

M-x pandoc-mode

and there came up this messages:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
    string-match("markdown" nil)

You should have other lines below this one, that might help us help you.

Yes, there should be more, or otherwise do `M-x toggle-debug-on-error` before
running pandoc-mode. That should pop up a backtrace buffer, the contents of that
buffer should provide more insight.

Note that pandoc-mode is not part of Emacs and that it has its own
mailing list:

    https://groups.google.com/g/pandoc-discuss

Actually, that's the mailing list for Pandoc itself, not for pandoc-mode, which
doesn't have a mailing list. If you have a Github account, it's best to open an
issue here: <https://github.com/joostkremers/pandoc-mode/issues>. Otherwise, you
might as well contact me directly. (I'm the pandoc-mode maintainer;
unfortunately, work is taking up a lot of my time, so I haven't been able to
dedicate as much time to pandoc-mode as I should...)

Else, FWIW, turning pandoc-mode ON doesn't raise any error in my Emacs.

It doesn't for me, either.

HTH