Re: Tab completion doesn't work.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Tab completion doesn't work.
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 11:44:43 +0800

On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 11:21 AM Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > But I don't know how to pinpoint the culprit.
>
> Unless I'm missing something, we found the problematic lines in your
> config and you just have to specify the Helm source you want to add the
> action to in the problematic expression I cited.

Yes. It solved the problem discussed here with the following configuration:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; begin config
;; https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/wiki#if-installed-from-source
;; First issue the following command
/home/werner/.emacs.d/straight/repos/helm$ make
(use-package helm :config (require 'helm-autoloads))

(use-package helm-bibtex
  :init
  (setq
   bibtex-completion-pdf-field "File"
   ;;https://github.com/tmalsburg/helm-bibtex#insert-latex-cite-commands
   bibtex-completion-cite-prompt-for-optional-arguments nil)

  :bind-keymap
  ("<menu>" . helm-command-prefix)
  :bind
  (
   :map helm-command-map
   ("b" . helm-bibtex)
   ("B" . helm-bibtex-with-local-bibliography)
   ("n" . helm-bibtex-with-notes)
   ("<menu>" . helm-resume)
   )
  )

See the attached screenshot for the completion results, which include
`bibtex-completion-cite-commands`.

> Michael.

Regards,
Zhao