Re: Plotting in Emacs?

From: Daniel Fleischer
Subject: Re: Plotting in Emacs?
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 21:07:05 +0300

Marcin Borkowski [2023-05-23 Tue 19:18] wrote:

> Well, as I said in my message, I explicitly want to avoid external
> dependencies (like gnuplot).  And for a solution using gnuplot, showing
> the plot in the Emacs buffer is a must.
>
> That said, chart.el (recommended elsewhere in this thread) is definitely
> one interesting possibility.

This library looks experimental, with only ascii bar plot support. If
you want anything nicer you got to use an external package; even Emacs
built-in Calculator uses gnuplot to draw functions and data.

As for showing the plot, the babel code block I showed generates the
following result section

#+RESULTS:
[[file:a.png]]

Then you only need to make sure org mode shows images by calling
`org-toggle-inline-images' and it's part of the buffer, if that wasn't
clear.

--
Daniel Fleischer