Re: Using Emacs to dsiplay interactive python plots with matplotlib

From: James Thomas
Subject: Re: Using Emacs to dsiplay interactive python plots with matplotlib
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 08:50:08 +0530

CNRS wrote:

> I browsed a bit and I think I understood that Emacs could not work
> with Javascript objects, is that correct ? A possible workaround for
> me would be to have the /interactive/ plot in a seperate window but I
> did not find how to do that, is there some wiki I missed ?

emacs-jupyter is a package that has experimental support for such
'widgets' (but I don't use it, and don't know how well-maintained it
is).

Perhaps in the future one could hope for an extension package for
comint-mime using emacs-eaf.

https://github.com/emacs-jupyter/jupyter
https://github.com/astoff/comint-mime
https://github.com/emacs-eaf