Re: org-mode for package documentation

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-mode for package documentation
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 08:26:06 +0000

>> We discussed possible syntax of inline custom markup to be added. See
>> https://orgmode.org/list/87bkqx4jyg.fsf@localhost Someone is to go ahead
>> and try to implement it. It might be me in future, but I am prioritizing
>> working on some other new features in Org for now.
>
> My general question is what advantage this would provide over just using
> TeXinfo in the first place, if the required complexity of the markup has
> to be the same as for TeXinfo in the first place?

Check out the original thread where RMS officially suggested that Org
can be used instead of texinfo.

In short, Org provides much more configurable export output. You can
customize it using Elisp or within Org document itself. You can generate
parts of documentation using output of src blocks. You can fine-tune
specific export output formats using inline export blocks. etc ...

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,