Emacs, Geiser and MIT Scheme?

From: Nicholas Papadonis
Subject: Emacs, Geiser and MIT Scheme?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 21:48:43 -0400

Does anyone have this combination working?

So far I've been using Edwin which works well, however I am interested in
trying some of the newer Emacs modes.  I have the following use case which
appears to fail:

1. Open latest Emacs
2. C-x C-f t.scm
3. Modeline reports '(Scheme Gauche/A)'.  I have no idea what Gauche means
4. Type in '(+ 1 1)' then evaluate C-x C-e
5. Emacs reports 'No Geiser REPL for this buffer (try M-x geiser)
6. M-x geiser, then MIT Scheme comes up in *Geiser Mit REPL*
7. Try to evaluate '(+ 1 1) again, however the same error reported in Step
5 is returned.

Also, general question: What advantages does Geiser provide over Edwin?  I
think maybe auto-completion suggestions?