Re: Emacs, Geiser and MIT Scheme?

From: Nicholas Papadonis
Subject: Re: Emacs, Geiser and MIT Scheme?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 23:14:04 -0400

I needed:

(setq geiser-active-implementation '(mit))

and M-x geiser

to get t.scm modeline to show (Scheme Mit/A) and allow evaluation with C-x
C-e.

Questions:

1. I note the evaluated expression from the scheme buffer appears under the
modeline.  When I use MIT Scheme Edwin this appears the same behavior.
When Edwin uses the *scheme* buffer and I evaluate an expression using C-x
C-e the result is printed below the evaluated expression.  How does Geiser
accomplish this?  So far it only appears this functionality is similar
using the *Geiser Mit REPL* buffer.

2. Does Geiser provide the same debugging capabilities of MIT Scheme
Edwin?  Just trying to get a comparison.

Thanks