Compiling emacs 30.0.50 on Fedora 38 with tree-sitter

From: Frederick Bartlett
Subject: Compiling emacs 30.0.50 on Fedora 38 with tree-sitter
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 11:02:43 -0400

This is the first time I’ve ever compiled emacs; I was following Mickey
Petersen’s guide at
https://www.masteringemacs.org/article/how-to-get-started-tree-sitter

Running configure --with-tree-sitter produced an error: the system couldn’t
find the tree-sitter pkgconfig file.

Not quite understanding the problem, I simply copied tree-sitter.pc from
$PKG_CONFIG_PATH/pkgconfig/tree-sitter to $PKG_CONFIG_PATH – and then it
worked.

Was I lucky, or is this what one is expected to do?

Thanks!
Fred