Re: DocView face - change of colors

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: DocView face - change of colors
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 21:58:59 +0200

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> I notice in emacs-30.50.0, probably as a result commit 26740f30469, that
> my pdf files display as white text on a black background. I have
> reverted back to my desired setting of black text on white by putting
> the variable `doc-view-mupdf-use-svg' to nil, so it's not a problem for
> me right now. However, I worry if by setting doc-view-mupdf-use-svg to
> its non-default value I am storing up problems in the future.

Hi Colin,

I think you should keep `doc-view-mupdf-use-svg' to t by default.  The
commit 26740f30469 have introduced a new face `doc-view-svg-face' which
you could use to customize how your DocView documents are displayed.

By default, this new face inherits from the default face.  So I guess
that you are using a "white on black" theme and that is why your DocView
are displayed with this theme too.  You could, for instance, customize
`doc-view-svg-face' like this:

(custom-set-faces
 '(doc-view-svg-face ((t (:background "white" :foreground "black")))))

As DocView uses the SVG rendering, only foreground and background colors
are relevant for this face obviously.
--
Manuel Giraud