Re: Format of lists and alists required for displaying lists of tabulate

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Format of lists and alists required for displaying lists of tabulated data
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 21:49:17 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2023-06-18 22:16]:
> The functions could be difficult to use because of the many calls to your
> "rcd-" functions.
> Perhaps we can come up with something more adept to users to try.  Using same
> idea of
> an ID followed by values.

Yes, good idea. But I did not find use of it for me. All my PostgreSQL database
tables follow certain pattern as described by:

GeDaFe - PostgreSQL Generic Database Interface:
http://gedafe.github.io/doc/gedafe-sql.en.html

and should be compatible with the web interface as well in that
sense. I did not test it for years, since I switched to Emacs
interface.

They follow this pattern "mytable_" plus "_id", so there is always
"ID" which serves handy for tabulated-list-mode

-- ------------------------------------------
-- ------------ Table mytable
-- ------------------------------------------
DROP SEQUENCE mytable_id_seq;

CREATE TABLE mytable (
mytable_id SERIAL NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
mytable_uuid UUID NOT NULL DEFAULT gen_random_uuid() UNIQUE,
mytable_datecreated TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
mytable_datemodified TIMESTAMP,
mytable_usercreated TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT current_user,
mytable_usermodified TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT current_user,
mytable_name TEXT,
mytable_title TEXT,
mytable_description TEXT,
mytable_ TEXT