Fwd: Re: GZCAT?

From: Marv Graham
Subject: Fwd: Re: GZCAT?
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 12:24:29 -0500 (EST)

----- Forwarded message from Free Software Foundation <gnu@gnu.org> -----
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:23:24 -0500
From: Free Software Foundation <gnu@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: GZCAT?
To: Marv Graham <graham@hawaii.conterra.com>

Marv Graham wrote:
> I am at a site that has GZIP but NOT GZCAT.  "GZIP -c XXX| TAR xvf -" does not
> work even with the new GNU tar!  I have looked through your site for GZCAT in
> vain; it;s not in binutils!  Wher can I get  gzcat?

You should send this question to the GNU utilities users' mailing
list: help-gnu-utils@gnu.org.  This is gated to the news group,
gnu.utils.help.  You can subscribe to the mailing list by sending the
word "subscribe" to the address help-gnu-utils-request@gnu.org.

You can find a complete list of our mailing lists and newsgroups on
our web site at http://www.gnu.org/prep/mailinglists.html.

Good luck and happy hacking!

--
Bradley M. Kuhn
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942

----- End forwarded message -----