Re: removing file with newlines in name

From: Frederik Fouvry
Subject: Re: removing file with newlines in name
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:23:56 +0100 (CET)

,-- On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:15:34 -0500, Paul Jarc wrote:

| Frederik Fouvry <fouvry@coli.uni-saarland.de> wrote:
| > $ rm "case 't':   get_all_tables = 1;
| >                         break;
| >             case 'T':   get_all_tables = 2;
| > "
| > rm: cannot lstat `case \'t\':   get_all_tables = 1;\n
 break;\n\t    case \'T\':   get_all_tables = 2;\n': Invalid argument

| This might be filesystem damage.  EINVAL is not listed as one of the
| possible errors for lstat, according to SUSv3 and the Linux man page.

The actual error comes from lstat64 (found by running strace), on
which I could not find any man page on it.  It seems that it's a
version of lstat for large files, but there's not confirmation of that
on our system.

I'll see, I might just leave that file there ... (it's just a bit
annoying (Emacs cannot deal with it), but I don't need the directory
all the time).

Thanks,

Frederik Fouvry