Re: gettext

From: Tristan Van Berkom
Subject: Re: gettext
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:30:03 -0500

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Roger Leigh wrote:
[.......]

The sucker has officialy been "nailed" !

The problem is that the gnu gettext package somehow works
hand in hand with libc, gettext package defines routines
for textdomain,bindtextdomain and gettext varients, but not
"setlocale", gnu libc seems to handle this well, but uClibc
(I know I didn't mention uClibc) is a pain in the arse, uClibc is
nailed shut at compile time with a list of 5 letter locale names
(all of the form "xx_XX"), which makes it impossible to use any
user defined locale names of a different form (such as "spanish").

Also, if I might indulge myself a minute, the uClibc build tree
is a *nightmare* and I wish luck to anyone who wishes to compile
it in any non-standard way ;-)

Cheers all & thanks again Roger for your attention ;-)

                                        -Tristan