attempting to track down problem causing action.

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: attempting to track down problem causing action.
Date: 25 Aug 2005 11:38:05 -0700

I'm working in an environment with a source code management product
called clearcase.  Clearcase allows me to use gnu make while building
products.

Right now, when I do a make, things go along until suddenly I get a
"Memory fault" and the processing stops.  However, I'm not able to
determine what specifically gnu make is doing that is getting the
memory fault.

I've tried gmake -n and gmake -d, but neither output was helpful in
tracking this down.  What I need is some method of knowing what,
specifically, gmake is doing at each step.

Am I missing a flag that allows me to do this?