where can we find source code of gets()

From: Chow, Edward
Subject: where can we find source code of gets()
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:28:31 -0600

We are trying to study the buffer overflow attacks and their defenses, and
found that the same buffer overflow exploit works for vulnerable programs with
strcpy() does not work on gets(). We try to identify the reason and study the
source code. We can find strcpy() on glibc but cannot find gets() there.
Where can we find the dangerous gets() source code in gnu software package for
Linux distribution such as Redhat?
If this is not the right mail list to ask, please help direct us to the right
maillist or news group. Thanks.

Edward

Professor Edward Chow
                      chow@cs.uccs.edu
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
         http://cs.uccs.edu/~chow
1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway
                     TEL: (719)262-3110
Colorado Springs, CO 80933-7150