Re: Wget help

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: Wget help
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:27:43 +0100

Pazit & Nadav wrote:
Hello,

I downloaded the last version that includes SSl support.

I run it with username and password and it works.

I want to continue and pass to others papers and I have problem, because now there is no username and password and in the source I didn’t find any clue for session ID.

I assume you are accessing a login page, which then sets some cookies,
and these authorise you to access the rest of the site.

According to wget's man page --load-cookies and --save-cookies
will read and save cookies, however, session cookies aren't saved.

I'd suggest deleting the saved login page, before rerunning wget.
This will force wget to download the login page again,
and get the cookies.

If you don't want to do that,
it should be possible to use --save-headers to capture the cookies
sent to you, and then use perl to convert them into a cookies.txt file.
Doing so is left as an exercise to the interested reader.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller