Re: GNU make complains for NUL character.... missing seperator

From: Sanju
Subject: Re: GNU make complains for NUL character.... missing seperator
Date: 15 Oct 2006 22:05:50 -0700

Thanks for your reply!

> This means somehow you are telling make that your makefile is "config/",
> which is a directory I presume.  That's why you're getting these errors.
No, I am not telling make to use "config/" .... either I run make
without any parameter , in which case it should pick the file named as
"Makefile" in current directory .......OR I give the "Makefile"
explicitely.............. In any case it picks the file named
"Makefile"

> You didn't show the command that make ran before you got this, but it must
> have been something like:
>
>     make -f config/
>
> This, of course, is not a valid command line.

like
$make

OR
$make -f Makefile

In both cases I get the same error...........I dont understand why its
complaining for "config/"

Thanks,
Sanjay