diffh

From: Ian Cottam
Subject: diffh
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:46:10 +0000

Hi,
 I have written a modern version of the old diffh.

As you probably know, diffh did a half-hearted job, but would work on files of any length. (Actually, the old Bell version often gave up on complex input so I am not quite sure if that description is quite correct.)

I wrote it because one of our users here at the University of Manchester needed to diff files with ~16million lines of information, which is too big for GNU diff - at least on any system we have access to.

Would it be of interest to the GNU project?
It is currently just public domain but I could do a version that came with the GPL.

It is here <http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/Ian.Cottam/index_files/idiffh.c> if you want to have a look. It wasn't written to GNU style or codeing conventions.

Kind regards
-Ian

--