Re: [Help-gnucap] Newbie question

From: Nenad Ocelic
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Newbie question
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:46:37 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Remco Poelstra wrote:
> I'm studying electrical engineering on the Technical University of
> Eindhoven (The Netherlands). For circuit simulation we normally use OrCAD
> and PSPICE. Since I prefer linux as my OS I looked for linux variants.
> Geda and gnucap seemed to me to be the best choice.
> In gschem I drew a voltage source with a resistor and converted it to a
> spice netlist. When I run gnucap on the file and do a plot, nothing
> happens. Print does nothing too. No errors are printed either.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Without having seen the actual contents of the netlist file, I can only
try and guess that the problem is caused by one or more of the following
reasons:

1. You might be running
        gnucap <file>
instead of batch mode
        gnucap -b <file>

2. The plain netlist as converted by gnetlist does not contain probes,
i.e. there are no .plot/.print cards in the file.
You should add them manually.

3. The type of analysis is not specified, i.e. you don't have .dc or .ac
or simmilar commands in the file.
You should add at least one of them.

If there is still no output, you might consider sending us the circuit
file so we could investigate the cause for such a behaviour.

-Nenad