Re: [Help-gnucap] getting rid of newline and + sign in output

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] getting rid of newline and + sign in output
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:03:01 -0600

On Thursday 24 April 2003 10:25 pm, dan chak wrote:
> Short of tinkering with the source code, is there an option
> to not have the output from batch mode insert newlines and +
> characters after every 7 columns?  For importing the data
> into other programs the extraneous data seems pretty
> annoying.

That one is easy:

"width out=99999" from the command line
or
".width out=99999" in a batch file.

".option out=99999" works, too, but the "width" command is
retained for Spice compatibility.

Maybe I should change the default value to be huge.  Comments???

Since you are importing data into another program, here's the
answer to the question you will ask next...

By default, the output used letters, like "10u" for 10 micro...
If you are reading it in another program, you probably prefer
"10e-6".  If you direct any command to a file it does that
automatically.  If you don't, and want the main screen output
to be that way, append the word "basic" to the ac, dc, tran
command.

That should be an "option".  Should the default be on or off?

al.