Re: [Help-gnucap] 555 subcircuit

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] 555 subcircuit
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 23:44:22 -0600

On Sunday 11 May 2003 10:36 pm, Al Davis wrote:
> After all that ...  It didn't converge.
> The command ".options dampmax=.99" before the analysis made
> it converge.  It gave the same answers as Spice.

Actually ....  I got better results by leaving dampmax at 1
(default) and changing dampstrategy to 10 or 4.

General comment:

Often, when there are convergence problems, playing with
"dampstrategy", "dampmax" and "dampmin" will make it converge.
These parameters tweek heuristics that are applied to help
convergence.  Unfortunately, no set of settings is always best.
What helps in one case hurts in others.  See the manual, under
the "options" command, for more info.