[Help-gnucap] simple circuits

From: Jesse Goerz
Subject: [Help-gnucap] simple circuits
Date: 24 May 2003 18:37:32 -0400

Hey all,

I'm an engineering student and I'm looking for an alternative to pspice
I can use on my linux machine.  I have installed gnucap but after
reading most of the docs I'm a little lost.  Right now I'm just trying
to use it to check my homework/labs for an Electrical Networks class.
Could someone explain a simple example of how to model a simple DC
voltage divider circuit.  I think once I see that I should be able to
figure it out.  So far I've gotten this far but I can't figure out how
to put in a source let alone get the ouput:

address@hidden:~$ gnucap
GnuCap 0.30
The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package
Never trust any version less than 1.0
Copyright 1982-2000, Albert Davis
GnuCap comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome
to redistribute it under certain conditions
according to the GNU General Public License.
See the file "COPYING" for details
-->R2 1 0 11k
-->R1 2 1 1.8k
-->