Re: [Help-gnucap] Yet another newbie question

From: Johannes Bauer
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Yet another newbie question
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:30:17 +0200

I keep responding to your mail address, Al - sorry about that, I didn't realize (yet again) the mailing list doesn't set the Reply-To field.

al davis schrieb:

> Usually, most Spice models work with gnucap, but it cannot be guraranteed.

Oh okay, I didn't realize this. Thanks a lot for the pointer.

> If you need better, google for a spice model. (or in the future .. Verilog-A model) .. Op-amp models are usually subcircuits, designed for a particular variant of Spice. Some work, some don't. The only way to know is to try it. These models have lots more detail. If you are just beginning, you are better off without it.

In future development, when I have adjusted everything to my needs, I'll indeed start to play around with certain OP-Amps as the stuff I'm doing is exploiting them quite a bit regarding their GBP for example. Not all Op-Amps will do.

For now, however, I'm just playing around - still I tried using real models as this will be what I'll be using in future.

And indeed, I got it running - kind of. As an example, I took the model for the most simple LM324 from http://www.national.com/models/spice/LM/LM324.MOD - I had to rename the subcircuit as gnucap appearently cannot cope with slashes in the subckt-name (originally it was "LM324/NS", I renamed to "LM324" and it worked).

Thanks again for your help!
Kind regards,
Johannes