Re: [Help-gnucap] howto use different phase and frequency in sources for

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] howto use different phase and frequency in sources for transient analysis?
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:54:43 -0400

On Saturday 17 October 2009, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
> I need to specify different phases in sources in this way:
>
> I1 phase=-10 freq=60
> I2 phase=150 freq=180
> I3 phase=-56 freq=300
>
> SIN sources not admit phase option.

> I try with generator function:
> .gen ampl=10 phase=-10 freq=60
> I1 n1 n2 generator(1)
> .gen ampl=15 phase=150 freq=180
> I1 n2 n3 generator(2)
> etc.
>
> but I see that generator don't work in this way.

You are correct .. It don't work in this way.

> I look for in the net without sucess. I see that in AC
>  analysis is possible, but I need to do in transient
>  analysis.
>
> There are anyway to do this?

What is the meaning of phase in transient analysis, when you
have different frequencies?  The phase relationship between them
is always changing.  I suppose it could be the phase at time=0,
and translate to delay.

What you do have is "delay".  You can get what you want with SIN
source, specifying a delay in seconds.

try delay={(phase/360)/frequency}