[Help-gnucap] Re: (Gnucap+) Severals questions and problems compiling gn

From: Henrik Johansson
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Re: (Gnucap+) Severals questions and problems compiling gnucap-python
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:31:54 +0100

Hi Rubén,

> I have several questions about Gnucap+ (0):
>
> 1· The Gnucap's sources are sync with development snapshot from Al Davis?
>
> The Gnucap compiled from included gnucap+'s sources says:
>
> gnucap
> Gnucap 2009.02.02 RCS 26.109
> The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package

It seems that the gnucap+ source is not updated against Al's latest
development version, The gnucap+ repo was based on my shared library version
of gnucap at github (http://github.com/henjo/gnucap) which was based on Al's
2009.02.02 development  snapshot. But now this repo is up to date with the
latest development snapshot.

Kevin: It's really easy to keep a modified version up to date with upstream
using git. You just check out the latest upstream branch, untar the new
development snapshot. Create a new branch for this version. Run git merge to
merge the trunk with this new branch. Done!

> 2· I'm having some issues with python plugin.
>
> Configure stops with:
>
> checking gnucap/c_comand.h usability... no
> checking gnucap/c_comand.h presence... no
> checking for gnucap/c_comand.h... no
> checking for status in -lgnucap... no
> configure: error: Error, gnucap as shared library not found.

You need to install the shared library version of gnucap first. I guess the
documentation is somewhat lacking here. But you have to build gnucapplus (or
http://github.com/henjo/gnucap) using the automake tools. Running:
> autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
should work

> 4· What differences have gnucap-arails with gnucap?
The difference between gnucap and gnucap-arails is my shared library version of
gnucap/my python extension for gnucap and Analog Rails modifications they need
to make it run with their IC design tools.

Best regards,

Henrik Johansson