Re: geda/lepton schematics

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: geda/lepton schematics
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 19:05:48 +0100

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 02:30:36PM +0100, karl@aspodata.se wrote:
>  According to:
> http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/gnucap:user:netlist_import_and_export
>
> there are something missing going from geda/lepton to gnucap.
>
> I'm know about geda/lepton file format, but am rather new to gnucap.
> Is there anything I could help with ?

Hi Karl.

Thanks for your interest. There are plugins for geda schematics [1], but
with some problems.

Connections in gEDA schematics are implicit, and port positions are
needed to infer them. For this, the symbol database is required. The gEDA
library has been used to look up the symbols.

When I try to configure gnucap-geda, I get
[..]
checking for libgeda >= 20100214... no
configure: error: gEDA package not found

Unfortunately, installing libgeda-dev does no longer work (for me).

 libgeda-dev : Depends: guile-2.0-dev but it is not installable
 libgeda42 : Depends: guile-2.0-libs but it is not installable
             Depends: libgc1c2 (>= 1:7.2d) but it is not installable

I don't know what it takes to fix it. Ideally the dependency on libgeda
should be avoided, as it makes things more complicated than necessary.
(Any workaround/hack will improve things!).

Next steps are more technical, and I am happy to talk about it. Now
there is a translator "Qucs schematics" <=> "Verilog schematics", and I
can think of a way to do gEDA schematics properly...

Best regards
felix

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnucap/gnucap-plugins.git/log/?h=geda